Access: Directly access and edit more information in a familiar environment
• More easily access design, GIS, imagery, point cloud, and business information.
o Obtain data from a broad range of sources, including ESRI® Bentley®, Oracle®, Microsoft®, GE® Smallworld.
o Minimize the inherent risks of data conversion with the ability to natively access information.
• Gain more accurate views in a real-world context.
o Overlay layers of GIS and CAD data to create more complete base maps of existing conditions.
o Use standard AutoCAD® commands to directly edit GIS data without the need for additional software.
o Access a comprehensive library of coordinate systems, or define your own, to more accurately georeference your AutoCAD design data.
o Use enhanced stylization, labeling, and annotation tools to help make it easier to convey important project details.
Evaluate: Apply intelligent industry models and analysis for better insight
• Organize disparate asset information using comprehensive desktop or enterprise data models for the gas, water, wastewater, and electric industries.
o Improve the value of information with the ability to better apply industry-specific standards and business process requirements to your model.
o Create custom data models (including fiber network models).
o More streamlined industry model workflows between AutoCAD Map 3D 2014 and Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2014 software.
o Edit industry models offline and sync them automatically on reconnection.
• Perform integrated analysis to help inform critical design and management decisions.
o Conduct spatial analysis to better understand project impact.
o Support conceptual design with data such as point cloud to surface; GPS data/survey points to surface; and overlay and buffer analysis for use in Autodesk® Infraworks 2014 software.
o Run hydrology and hydraulic analysis with Autodesk® Storm and Sanitary Analysis 2014
Share: Effectively share more coordinated and consistent information
• Create and publish more informative and compelling maps, exhibits, and designs for faster stakeholder approval.
o Proposal markups, building footprints, road centerlines, and other vector objects can enhance maps and exhibits for environmental impact reports, site planning reports, and more.
• Give project stakeholders more convenient and cost-effective access to planning and management data via the web using Autodesk® Infrastructure Map Server 2014 software.**
o On – the-Go access to data with mobile viewers
o Load AutoCAD® DWG™ files and map them to GIS layers.
• Better manage and share intelligent industry models and network information with customer care, ERP, outage, and work and asset management systems.
**Requires a license for Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server software.