Proof Points – Autodesk Infraworks 2014
Win work and improve stakeholder engagement with convincing project proposals:
• Differentiate your services with compelling simulations and visualizations that present design alternatives more accurately in the context of the existing environment to help demonstrate an unparalleled understanding of project needs.
• Model infrastructure objects more accurately in the context of the existing environment with easy-to-use, industry-specific tools.
• Freely navigate through a rich visual environment and view multiple scenarios in real time during interactive feedback sessions.
• Facilitate the identification of environmentally sensitive areas and important sites—such as school and business locations—to help uncover potential impacts that could delay the design process.
• Improve public engagement, gather feedback and help speed the approvals process by sharing models and specific scenarios with a larger range of stakeholders in a more secure cloud environment.
Engineer early design concepts in context:
• More efficiently build large infrastructure models from existing 2D CAD, 3D model, GIS, and raster data.
• Gain greater insight by generating preliminary design proposals at the appropriate level of detail in order to help increase confidence in project scope and budget.
• More efficiently evaluate multiple alternatives by exploiting the data behind preliminary design options and better predict how alternatives may behave within the context of the built environment.
Foster project team collaboration:
• More effectively collaborate and communicate across large teams by sharing models in the cloud.
• Support collective decision making with quantitative, real-time feedback and simultaneously manage multiple design options.
• Review design intent and provide comments from anywhere at any time.
• Enhance project review by generating varying narratives for diverse stakeholders and multidiscipline teams and annotating key concepts and locations in models.
• Incorporate detailed models from Autodesk® Revit® products and Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D®, Autodesk® AutoCAD® Map 3D, Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design, and Autodesk® Navisworks® software products, among others.
Autodesk InfraWorks Modules
Autodesk Roads and Highways Module for InfraWorks
The Autodesk® Roads and Highways Module for InfraWorks helps civil engineering professionals working on transportation projects explore preliminary design options and optimize project performance by more efficiently and effectively engineering roadway geometry in the context of the existing environment.
Autodesk InfraWorks 360
Autodesk® InfraWorks 360 enhances Autodesk® InfraWorks workflows by enabling users to publish, store, and manage large models centrally and more securely in the cloud. Users can collaborate with multiple stakeholders by inviting team members to access, download, and edit shared models simultaneously and review multiple project proposals using the same data. Models can be accessed regardless of location, format, or transmission and are synchronized and versioned at the object level.
• Provide field access to infrastructure models and project scenarios to a diverse group of stakeholders. Project team members can view design alternatives in the field to enhance decision making. Public stakeholders can stay more informed and engaged, and provide real-time comments to project teams by accessing project proposals anytime and anywhere. Field access is provided using Autodesk InfraWorks 360 via Internet and mobile devices.
• Perform road profile optimizations that deliver a range of optimal solutions for consideration by offloading computationally intensive processes to quickly assess roadway profile options using a combination of existing terrain data, proposed design parameters, design standards, and cost information.
Autodesk InfraWorks (iPad® app)
You can help increase project engagement by viewing project models and scenarios on the go with a free* Apple® iPad® app, available via iTunes®.
*Free products are subject to the terms and conditions of the end-user license agreement accepted with the Apple App Store Terms and Conditions.
**Autodesk InfraWorks will replace the name Autodesk® Infrastructure Modeler effective with FCS- 3.28.13
Autodesk, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Navisworks, Revit, and 3ds Max are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.
© 2013 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.