AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 – New Feature description
Take advantage of Autodesk 360, an integrated cloud-based destination, and open and save drawings in the cloud where they can be shared and viewed with the AutoCAD WS web and mobile application for AutoCAD software. AutoCAD WS provides everything you need to view, comment on, and share DWG files using your smartphone or tablet, so you can take your AutoCAD Civil 3D designs with you wherever you go.
Enhanced pressure pipe modeling tools enable profile-based layout, 3D compass for layout, and more.
• Share pressure network models throughout the project with data shortcut support.
• Create production deliverables more efficiently with improved support for tables, section views, and pay item/QTO.
• Help improve productivity with the new enhancements including creating networks from polylines, survey figures, and alignments.
Corridor modeling enhancements
Experience greater flexibility when designing and displaying corridor models.
• Select linear corridor targets from AutoCAD xrefs.
• Sliced solids display for AutoCAD solids and pressure pipes is available in section views.
• Extract solids from corridor shapes.
Autodesk Riverand Flood Analysis Module*
Available only for Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate Subscription users, this set of features automates analysis, mapping, and modeling functions for river and flood analysis.
• Automate HEC-RAS cross-section cutting, water surface analysis, flood plain mapping, and all related modeling tasks.
• Perform automated bridge scour computations.
• Automatically generate floodplain and floodway maps that are ready for agency submittals.
Autodesk Bridge Module*
Available only for Infrastructure Design Suite Premium and Ultimate Subscription users, the Autodesk Bridge Module enables the modeling of bridges and bridge components.
• Model bridges for placement based on AutoCA Civil 3D roadway geometry and surface models.
• Model bridge deck, piers, abutments, bearings, and barriers.
• Extract strings such as girders and barriers to create AutoCAD Civil 3D profiles.
Autodesk Geotechnical Module*
Available only for Infrastructure Design Suite Premium and Ultimate Subscription users, this set of features helps to streamline import, use, and documentation of borehole data.
• Import boreholes into AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Create surfaces from borehole strata.
• Document borehole strips.
Autodesk Rail Layout Module*
Available only for Infrastructure Design Suite Premium and Ultimate Subscription users, this set of features helps to streamline the layout of rail tracks. Create new alignments and switch graphics based on the rail turnout catalog.
*AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 is included in Infrastructure Design Suite 2014 Premium and Ultimate editions. This feature is only available to Infrastructure Design Suite 2014 Premium and Ultimate edition Subscription users and is not available in stand-alone AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 software.