AutoCAD Civil 3D – Proof Points
Better understand and communicate project intent, options, and risk.
• Conduct interactive 3D simulations and visualizations to better evaluate project performance and more accurately communicate design intent.
• Automatically check designs against the necessary criteria.
• Perform integrated analysis to help understand and evaluate existing conditions and project alternatives.
• Facilitate improved collaboration with public stakeholders using Autodesk® 360 cloud-based services to open and save drawings in the cloud where they can be shared and viewed with the AutoCAD® WS mobile app.
Maintain more consistent data, context, and processes.
• Access and use a variety of data sources, including geospatial data, field survey, and reality capture, to more accurately model existing conditions.
• Automate plans production with drafting that is a by-product of the design.
• Build on existing AutoCAD knowledge with configurable styles that help you deliver higher-quality construction documentation based on local submittal standards.
• Extend the value of the model by using Autodesk® Storm and Sanitary Analysis software (included with Civil 3D and Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Premium and Ultimate Editions) to perform hydrology and hydraulic analysis for planning and design of urban and highway drainage systems, storm sewers, and sanitary sewers.
• More quickly process earth volumes and perform quantity takeoff for more efficient material usage.
• Deliver more reliable, higher-quality 3D models to contractors for automated machine guidance during construction.
Respond more quickly to project changes.
• Perform faster design iterations with an intelligent 3D model–based application that dynamically updates related design elements when changes are made.
• Evaluate more what-if scenarios earlier in the design process.
• Help streamline time-consuming tasks such as intersections, roundabout and corridor design, parcel layout, pipes, and grading with specific tools and customizable design standards that can fit your needs.
• Improve productivity with rules-based gravity and pressure pipe modeling tools that add intelligence to the overall design.
• Improve project team collaboration with the ability to open and edit AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 drawings in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 software.